An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
Official websites use .mil
website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
Skip to main content (Press Enter).
DoD CUI Program
DoD CUI Program
Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E))
Under Secretary of Defense for Policy (USD(P))
Under Secretary of Defense for Comptroller/Chief Financial Officer (USD(C)/CFO)
Inspector General of the Department of Defense (DoD(IG))
Office of the General Council of the Department of Defense (DoD(OGC))
Director, Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE)
Director, Operational Test and Evaluation (O&TE)
Office of Net Assessment (ONA)
United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM)
United States Central Command (USCENTCOM)
United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM)
United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)
United States Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM)
United States South Command (USSOUTHCOM)
United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM)
US Air Force
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS)
Defense Health Agency (DHA)
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA)
Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
National Security Agency/ Central Security Service (NSA/CSS)
Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
DoD Field Activities
Defense Media Activity (DMA)
Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
Department of Defense Test Resource Management Center (TRMC)
Washington Headquarters Services (WHS)
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
Frequently Asked Questions
CUI Registry Change Log
CUI Registry New
July 20, 2023 -
Added a memorandum to the Policy and Forms page, "Clarification of Controlled Unclassified Information Policy Regarding Disclosure to Members of Foreign Governments." While the memo was addressed to NORAD, the policy applies to all. As stated in the memo "Accordingly, NORAD and
other authorized holders of CUI
may share CUI with representatives of foreign governments..."
June 27, 2023 -
Made minor changes to the CUI Registry and created link to the new page.
June 7, 2023
- The CUI Registry PDF and Excel files have been removed as they were outdated. Please use the new CUI Registry.
May 5, 2023
- Added FAQs
April 13, 2023
Infographics posted to Training Resources page
April 6, 2023
- A CUI Registry Change Request form has been posted to the main page.
April 6, 2023
- An infographic for CUI Basics for DoD Personnel has been posted to the main page and the training resources page.
April 3, 2023
- An infographic and FAQ for sharing CUI with Congress has been posted to the main page and the training resources page.
March 29, 2023
- The new DoD CUI Registry is complete!
March 23, 2023
- Established a new CUI Registry. Added icons for each organizational index grouping. Clicking on the icon will take you to a list of categories within the particular index grouping. Clicking on the category name will take you to a new page with information on abbreviations, category descriptions, required warning statements and dissemination controls (as applicable), examples of the type of information that fits into the category, and national and DoD authorities.
March 20, 2023
- Added CUI policy memorandums, related policy, and forms to the Policy page.