The OUSD(I&S) INFOSEC Office:
OUSD(I&S) Information Security (INFOSEC) Office
- Provides policy guidance for the identification and protection of classified national security information (CNSI) and controlled unclassified information (CUI) in accordance with national-level policy issuances.
- Promotes information sharing.
- Simplifies management through implementation of uniform and standardized processes.
- Employs, maintains, and enforces standards for safeguarding, storing, destroying, transmitting, transporting, and declassifying/decontrolling CNSI and CUI.
- Actively promotes and implements security education and training throughout the Department of Defense.
- Mitigates the adverse effects of unauthorized access to CNSI and CUI by investigating and acting upon reports of security violations and compromises of CNSI and CUI.